Pear Analytics Resources
Marketing Study 18th January’22
Marketing Study: Programmatic Advertising: What is it and How Does it Work?
Businesses spend about $96 billion annually on programmatic advertising, which is quickly becoming a popular technique. By 2023, it is expected that this share will account for 91% of all digital display ad spending.
Programmatic Advertising works in the following pattern:
- A person clicks on a website
- The website owner puts the ad impression up for auction (SSP)
- Advertisers offer bids for the impression (DSP)
- The highest bidder wins the ad impression
- The ad is served on the website to the user
- The user clicks on the ad and converts